This newly configured webinar and workshop is delivered as combination of pre-recorded videos, course documents and interactive online Q&A. It is aimed at decision makers in product strategy and distribution, marketing strategy. for TV channels, production companies and TV creatives.. It can be formulated to work for TV platforms, broadcasters, content creators and agencies.
What Does The Session Do?
The sessions address the changing device, service and content landscape in the converged TV and video industry event will be looking at key strategic changes to the UK and European TV industry; demoing new TV technologies and services while exploring 2020’s big questions:
- How will the newly announced SVOD services from Disney, Apple, Britbox etc appear in UK consumers’ homes?
- What new devices have been announced by the big tech companies and what impact will they have?
- How is the evolution of audio, AI & voice continuing as new systems begin to integrate with traditional players?
- What does Amazon, Google and Apples’ activity in the US tell us about their European plans.
- How do UK/EU platforms respond and can they all survive?
The workshop will include live demonstrations of new services, devices and functionality and include Decipher’s latest market insight into their adoption, use and potential long term impact.
What You Will See
For each workshop, participants will get access to two hour-long, pre-recorded webinars one week before the discussion day. These will include demos of the major UK TV platforms, devices and services plus new platforms arriving soon such as:
- Updates on UK platforms such as SkyQ, Virgin, Youview, Freeview Play & Freesat
- New devices from Roku / Android TV / Amazon Fire TV
- Smart TVs from LG, Samsung and Sony with new software and voice integration
- Voice demos from Amazon Echo / Google Home / Apple Homepod and Samsung
On the day, there will be a third, live Q&A session with Nigel Walley, Decipher MD, delivered via Microsoft Teams. This session will occur at 11.30AM on Thursday 28th and will also be recorded and uploaded for participants.
Who is it for?
– TV strategy or product development teams
– Market intelligence, insight and research teams
– Programme commissioning, planning, scheduling or catalogue management
– Ad sales
– Ad agencies